• Posted by ally on December 5, 2019 at 4:54 pm

It’s hard to believe but Christmas is only a few weeks away! Wow! I’m already getting into the Christmas spirit – my apartment is decorated, I started listening to Christmas music on November 13th, and this weekend I’m going to bake some Christmas treats with my boyfriend.

What about you? What are some of your favorite Christmas/holiday season traditions? Have you had to give up or alter any of them since being diagnosed with PD?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • mike-p

December 12, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Every year I cut down a Christmas tree with my father. This year was our 43rd year of the tradition. For the first 34 years, we had three generations together: me, my father, and my grandfather. My son joined the tradition when he was 3 years old and we had four generations together for six straight years until my grandfather’s passing. Throughout many changing life situations, we have always made it work, even when we lived 700 miles apart. We ventured out again this year with my dad and son and all cherish the tradition- even the moody teenager! My son promises he’ll drag me on a sled (as I did him in early life) if necessary in future years. I’ll hold him to it when life comes full circle!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 13, 2019 at 6:37 am

wow Mike, that is a beautiful family tradition, i have tears in my eyes… what a wonderful gift to pass on to future generations of your family…