Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Hello again! Let’s check in

• Hello again! Let’s check in

Posted by ally on June 2, 2020 at 6:53 pm

Hi everyone! As Mary Beth mentioned, she and I were on a brief hiatus the last two months due to COVID-19. It’s good to be back though and great to see that the forum has remained active and even gained a few new members. 🙂

How have the last two months been for you? I have been working from home exclusively since March 16, and the first 2-3 weeks were challenging. I am a natural extrovert and I don’t like to sit still, let alone remain alone in 700 square foot apartment day after day with no one for company except my cat (he is super cute though). But I worked on my mindset, developed some new routines and I feel like I’ve finally found my working-from-home groove – which is good, because my office won’t be opening back up for awhile yet.

What about you? Are you working from home? Have the social distancing restrictions relaxed in your community yet? Are you ready for life to go “back to normal” or do you think it’s still too soon?

ally replied 3 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • argya-bayuaji

June 2, 2020 at 11:44 pm

Hello Mary and Ally
    Hello my friends

During these 2 months, I did self quarantine and it turned out to bring a change from myself and the condition of Parkinson’s Disease that I suffered. The usual activity that is done is leaving the house to work from home is very felt the change.

I am an extrovert having to work inside the house for a very long time is boring. stress and boredom are things that often happen. Moreover, there is a sense of longing with our friends who usually often meet, now must limit face to face because of social distancing. However, we must always take the positive side of what happens

Hopefully this new normal condition will be a new thing and we can do activities as usual again.

Thank you very much

Argya Bayuaji

• mary-beth-skylis

June 3, 2020 at 10:15 am

Argya,

I am so happy to hear from you after these strange few months. You have such a positive outlook, and I find your insight to be really powerful.

I’m sorry to hear that quarantine is taking a toll. I know that it’s especially hard for those who spend a lot of time with loved ones. Are you still in complete lockdown now? And have you been able to find ways to interact with friends and family in a new way?

Thank you!!

• maria-bacigalupe

June 3, 2020 at 5:44 pm

Here in La Plata, near Buenos Aires, Argentina, the political-sanitary measures continue to be really restrictive so we can’t develop our “normal” activities.

We used to conduct a group of Parkinson people and now we are struggling to do something by internet. It’s difficult because not every people have good connectivity. What is worst, no everyone have the opportunity to have a smartphone!

We are adapting mutually and following everyone at least by phone calls. Its sad, but I keep hope in the possibility of improve with experience and time.

• ally

June 4, 2020 at 7:59 pm

Hi Maria, that sounds really difficult. I hope that you are able to safely reunite with your group in person very soon!

• ally

June 4, 2020 at 8:01 pm

Hi Argya, thanks for responding. Like Mary Beth said, I can still feel your positive energy despite the challenges you’re facing. Hopefully this forum brings you a greater sense of connection with others until it is safe to reconnect with people in-person. 🙂

• argya-bayuaji

June 10, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Hello Mary and Ally

Now my area is no lockdown. the community has been active as usual but still follows government protocol. Family interaction is good, for families outside the area using WA or Google Meet

Keep the spirit, hopefully always healthy

Argya

• rob

June 11, 2020 at 11:42 am

Hello Ally,

I am the new guy. I gained access earlier this morning, and with this cool grey damp day, I feel refreshed not to indulge in the Youtube vortex. I have the good fortune of living in cottage country year round, so I can go and do my thing in complete isolation. The other day, I took a walk to collect my car at the repair shop, and I encountered a deer walking the other way. I was quite sure this graceful creature would take a quick exit into the woods, but she remained on coarse.  I took a look around to confirm solitude, and offered a quiet “good morning”, to which she responded… well, nothing, but I think I got a nod. Its hard to tell from 6 feet away.  Maybe another few months of isolation might produce a talking deer.

The whole episode has created a bitter/sweet situation. On the one hand, I am grateful for the smallness of the global community as well as the lack of structured time. On the other hand, the media has done a great job of reminding us that there are many who work super hard on the frontline, helping those with less luck than what I have.

When all of this started, we had 2 feet of snow on the ground. In a few weeks, we have traded all of that for black flies. I heard that hair stylists/barbers are back soon. I will have to find someone else to blame for my Keith Richard’s look. I DO own a hairbrush, but I wouldn’t know where to begin looking for it.

Wishing all a good sunny summer!!

Rob

• ally

June 11, 2020 at 2:57 pm

Welcome, Rob! I just replied to your other post about depression. Your neighbourhood sounds idyllic! Whereabouts do you live (you don’t have to name the town exactly for privacy reasons) and how long have you lived there?