Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Have you ever fasted to see if it helps your symptoms?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 1, 2019 at 7:19 pm

hi lou, thnx for sharing this link…

• lou-hevly

August 1, 2019 at 7:19 pm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29307281spl

Intermittent fasting protects against the deterioration of cognitive function, energy metabolism and dyslipidemia in Alzheimer’s disease-induced estrogen deficient rats

• manuel-fernandez

August 24, 2019 at 8:44 am

Not voluntarily. Nine months ago, I was struck by a sudden acute pancreatitis shock and was interned urgently in a hospital. The first provision taken by the surgeons was to put me under a treatment that included a six-day fasting to protect the pancreas that was irritated. I was later operated to unblock my common bile duct and two or three days afterwards, despite my post-fasting and post-operative condition, I found it slightly easier to walk along corridors in the hospital. The positive effects lasted me for about a month with a feeling to have achieved a slight permanent improvement. On informing this to my neurologist, a young and bright doctor working also as a researcher, she told me that the improvement might have been a result from both the fasting and the easier digestion of food thanks to the free movement of bile and enzymes through my bile duct. I learned two things, therefore, that fasting and food metabolism do have a bearing on my PD.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      August 24, 2019 at 12:53 pm

manuel, thnx for sharing your experiences.  i believe diet is especially key in terms of out PD symptoms. another ‘fasting’ option i just learned about is to try and eat within an 8 hour period, say 8am to 4pm . if that is not possible, then at a minimum have a 12 hour fasting period a day, example; eat from 6am to 6pm which gives a fasting window from 6pm to 6am.