• Alan M

January 8, 2023 at 6:25 pm

Happy Hogmanay, Ally.  If you share your birthdate with us, we’ll be sure to wish you many happy returns, OK?

I know this is a bit late for Xmas greetings, but I got a FitBit for a gift.  I tried it out on both my dominant and non-dom wrist.  It does not record my sleeping patterns (which is one of the main reasons why I put the gadget on me Santa list).

Has anyone out there had any issues with their Fitbit reading their sleep accurately?

Signed bewildered, Alan

• Ally

January 10, 2023 at 7:17 pm

Hi Alan, it’s 1/22! 🙂

I had a FitBit a few years ago – a very early, very inexpensive model – so its features were limited and didn’t include sleep tracking. Is your model supposed to be able to do that? Perhaps try contacting customer support. I had a few issues with my FitBit and I was always amazed at the quality of support the company provided (hopefully it hasn’t lapsed since then). I think they actually replaced my device twice, at no charge.

I believe there are apps you can also download for your phone, and if you’re OK with sleeping with your phone in your bed, they can also track some sleep data. I haven’t used them personally, but that’s another option.