Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Free Therapeutic Singing Program helps People Living With Parkinson's

• Free Therapeutic Singing Program helps People Living With Parkinson's

Posted by John Castell on October 27, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Tremble Clefs® San Diego is a fun and free, therapeutic singing program for people living with Parkinson’s and their caregiving partners and is generously supported by a community grant from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Under the guidance of a professional choral director, we sing popular songs along with active movement that provides singers with benefits that may relieve common symptoms of the disease.
    • Improved vocal strength and flexibility
    • Improved swallowing
    • Socialization and community
    • Free 2-hour weekly sessions with snacks
    • No singing experience required

To download and print a high-quality PDF information flyer or find a location near you, visit trembleclefs.com

If you know are a medical professional that may be interested in the benefits of<span class=”text_exposed_show”> our program, please contact us at [email protected]</span>

Jo S. replied 4 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 27, 2019 at 1:40 pm

john, thank you for sharing this.  i didnt see where on the website that i could find groups near me. can you point me in the right direction?  I am in NY

• Ally

October 27, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for sharing this information!

• John Castell

October 28, 2019 at 7:55 am

Here is a link to our website for locations https://www.trembleclefs.com/locations.html.

Thank you for your interest! John

• Jo S.

November 1, 2019 at 8:26 am

I would love, love, love to go to something like this in my area. I joined a Circlesinging group here, but it’s not for people with PD, so I’m struggling sometimes to fit in (my voice cracks and goes off-key, so it’s a bit embarrassing). I’m not someone who would start something like this locally, but I’d be a participant. Is there a way to get someone (else) to start a group like this for us in our individual areas?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 1, 2019 at 3:11 pm

hi jo

did you check out johns website for this info:  https://www.trembleclefs.com/start-a-chorus.html

• Jo S.

November 1, 2019 at 4:08 pm

I saw that, Jean — thanks. I don’t want to be the one to start a group (that’s not my thing), and I don’t know anyone who would be willing to take this on. I’d like to participate in the group as a singer, I just don’t want to start it. 🙂

• Deleted User

Deleted User
        November 1, 2019 at 5:46 pm

i hear you, a whole other element of stress you dont need.  a local hospital near where i live has a huge program for people with pd;  Sing out Loud, boxing, yoga, tai chi.  i am lucky in that i can avail myself of these options

• Jo S.

November 2, 2019 at 4:47 pm

WOW! You really ARE lucky! I wish there was something like that near me as well.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
        November 2, 2019 at 5:12 pm

yes, it is great, helps compensate for the fact we have no MDS out here on north east fork of Long sland

• John Castell

November 2, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Exciting news! Tremble Clefs® San Diego will soon be posting some of its professional therapeutic singing vocal warm-up exercises on our SoundCloud channel at https://soundcloud.com/user-865306799. This is absolutely free and will allow you to develop a daily voice practice at home. We understand that not everyone is able to attend a therapeutic singing session because of location, or limitations. We hope this will make available some of the benefits of our singing program to the Parkinson’s community and their care partners. Come sing with us!

John

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 2, 2019 at 8:14 pm

John

thank you so much for sharing.  I will check it out

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 2, 2019 at 8:14 pm

John

thank you so much for sharing.  I will check it out

• Jo S.

November 3, 2019 at 6:57 am

That’s great, John. Thank you!

• John Castell

November 15, 2019 at 6:39 am

More exciting news from Tremble Clefs San Diego! Our vocal exercises for people living with Parkinson’s are now uploaded at Soundcloud for your free use and practice.

https://soundcloud.com/user-865306799

These exercises are used at our weekly 2-hour sessions, prior to singing popular songs. It’s a great way to warm up the voice, power up our breathing and practice our annunciation and speaking voices.

Check out all the exercises. Some are easier than others. Challenge yourself and see what you think. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your support.
    John

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 15, 2019 at 6:39 am

JOhn, this is excellent.. once again, thanks for sharing.

• Jo S.

November 15, 2019 at 7:58 am

Thank you, John! These look like great voice exercises!