• Fatigue, one of your symptoms?

Posted by Deleted User on January 16, 2019 at 7:35 am

My fatigue is off the charts.  No amount of rest or sleep helps. I have had my heart checked  (very healthy) and I am considering testing for sleep apnea.

Do you suffer from fatigue? Do you think it is a PD symptom or caused by your PD meds?  How do you ‘treat’ your fatigue?

Deleted User replied 5 years ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • lou-hevly

February 27, 2019 at 10:32 am

No fatigue to speak of, even when I sleep poorly, which probably isn’t PD’s fault; it runs in my family. I do drool, though and my mouth falls open when I watch TV, movies, etc. If my mind wanders I get this really spaced out look.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      February 27, 2019 at 1:55 pm

i drool sometimes too.  it could be worse though. in 2007, I had radiation therapy to my neck and some of my salivary glands were killed off, so I have less saliva now.  Who would have thought I would be happy about that someday? 🙂

• ally

March 1, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Hi Jean, have you also talked to your doctor about supplementation or dietary changes? I’ve heard B12 and vitamin D deficiency are common culprits for fatigue.

• lou-hevly

March 4, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Ally: Just for the record, I’ve been taking B-12 and D supplements for 2-3 years and am not bothered by fatigue.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 4, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Lou, did you have fatigue in early stages of PD that went away after you started taking B12 and D?

• lou-hevly

March 5, 2019 at 6:23 am

No, no fatigue ever. But who knows how I’d be now if I hadn’t taken B12 and D?
    I should mention that so far I’ve been “lucky”, in that I have very few movement problems. I can still run up stairs, touch type, write legibly and have minimal tremor. My worst thing is restless legs, for which an agonist so far seems to be the solution.

Evaluating medication and supplements is something of a crap shoot because there’s no way of knowing what my condition would be if I hadn’t been taking citicollina, co-q10, vitamins B12 and D, omega-3, cardomum with black pepper and glutamine. Apart from Sinemet, Azilecte and Mirapexin. And doing yoga and keeping an optimistic outlook. Does all this help in the long run? I’ll never know.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      March 5, 2019 at 6:29 am

Lou, it sounds like we share similar symptoms and thoughts about what does or may not help.  I too consider myself lucky in that I have no tremors, and can still live independently.  my symptoms are fatigue, failing balance, poor fine motor skills (can never find that darn sleeve of my coat when trying to put it on or open a package with ease.) and bradykinesia.

ANd you are right, it is all a crap shoot as to what works; I am afraid to stop any one thing for fear it might be an important piece of the puzzle of my treatment.   AS you say, we will never know.