This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 1 month ago.

• Author
     Forum Moderator 
    Keymaster

Taken aback by a medical professional’s questions about her Parkinson’s history, Sherri Woodbridge was reminded that many people — even medical professionals — need more adequate education about the disease. Click here to read more from Sherri.

Have you ever been in a situation like the one Sherri describes? How did you handle it?

Lou Hevly 
    Participant

The question I find most difficult is “How long have you had PD?” Well, occasional tremors since 2011-12, I lost my sense of smell in 2007, and I was definitively diagnosed with PD after a DaTscan in 2015.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Thank  you Lou for your response.  People look at me and say I dont look like I have PD since I do not have tremors.  They have no idea how hard it can be for me to get dressed or how I feel internally, PD is not all about just tremors and I have to constantly educate people.

Lou Hevly 
    Participant

Another thing I just thought of: I definitely get a spaced out look on my face sometimes and it looks to others like I’m “out to lunch, lights on but no one’s home”. And people can think they’re boring you when all you think is that you’re listening normally.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Sometimes I feel spacey and out to lunch, but I dont think I have that look just yet..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account