• Do you wake up exhausted every morning?

Posted by Deleted User on August 3, 2019 at 7:05 am

My fatigue is off the charts and I struggle to exercise every day.  Is fatigue one of your symptoms?  If so, how do you handle it?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • laura-seymour

August 31, 2019 at 2:30 am

I go to bed quite late, but am able to sleep in most days. However, I have noticed that I feel sleepy again after I eat. I fight it, but it’s not easy. The same goes for my walk – I know I have to do it both for PD and my arthritis.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 31, 2019 at 12:04 pm

what a conundrum this disease presents for us.  we need to exercise to alleviate our symptoms, yet one of the symptoms could be extreme fatigue which makes it difficult to exercise.

• mike-p

October 18, 2019 at 7:35 am

This article let me to discussions with my MDS about B12 levels, some tests, more tests, and a diagnosis of pernicious anemia (early stages).

After four weeks of weekly B12 injections, my B12 levels increased from 175 – 550. My doctor now wants me to continue with monthly injections. It has been two weeks since my last injection. I definitely have more energy.

• mike-p

October 18, 2019 at 7:38 am

I can relate. Every morning I wake up completely exhausted. Many mornings I feel hungover despite not having a drop to drink. At night I can fall asleep very quickly and I sleep soundly but I find I need more and more sleep now to function. Years ago I never needed more than 5-6 hours of sleep. Now I need a minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep. Otherwise, I need a nap during the day.

I had my doctor test my B12 levels after reading an article here that said low B12 was common in PD patients and may be linked to disease progression. The tests confirmed I am B12 deficient and I’ve started taking supplements prescribed by my doctor. I’m hoping my low B12 is a contributing fatigue factor and mornings will get better once my B12 levels get back where they should be.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      September 4, 2019 at 1:52 pm

hi mike, i hope the b12 works for you.  please update this post if you think of it to let us know if there was a difference.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 18, 2019 at 7:39 am

I was low on b12 levels and now take  a supplement, however, i have heard the shots are more effective.  There is no dr. near me that offers b12 shots 🙁