Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Do you have plans this long weekend?

• Do you have plans this long weekend?

Posted by ally on April 19, 2019 at 4:33 pm

In Canada and many other countries, Easter weekend is usually a long weekend. I’m fortunate to have today (Good Friday) AND Easter Monday off from work. I’m planning to spend most of my free time with my immediate family and I won’t have to travel far.

What about you? What are you up to this weekend? Do you celebrate Easter or Passover or anything else?

ally replied 4 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • lou-hevly

April 22, 2019 at 10:32 am

As an English teacher, I take the whole week off! My wife is off to Tibet, but I’m staying home to relax and work on my next book, which is <b>La vida amb la malaltia de Parkinson</b> (Life With Parkinson’s).

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      April 22, 2019 at 11:55 am

Lou, Will your book be published in English?  When do you think you will finish it?

• lou-hevly

April 22, 2019 at 2:59 pm

First I’d have to get it published here; then it would have to sell really well before anyone would risk publishing an English version. As far as finishing it goes, I hope by the beginning of next year to be in time for Saint George’s Day, April 23, a day in which all the Catalan women buy books for their men and all the men buy roses for their women. Hey! That’s tomorrow! Too bad my wife’s in Tibet!

• ally

April 22, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Lou, that’s so cool that you’re writing a book about PD! Have you always been a writer? Do you have any other writing you could share with us?

What is your wife doing in Tibet? That destination is on my bucket list too… 🙂

Happy writing!

• lou-hevly

April 22, 2019 at 9:39 pm

> Have you always been a writer? Do you have any other writing you could share with us?
        I’ve always tried to be a writer. I have some books in Catalan on English grammar published. You could google Anglès fàcil.
        > Have you always been a writer?
        I used to be a musician; google Robert the Robot and Lou the Human
        > What is your wife doing in Tibet?
        Seeing the country. This morning she’s at the Everest base camp. She’s enchanted.

• ally

April 23, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Clarinet! My favourite instrument! I played in high school but not nearly as well as this, lol. Thanks for sharing, Lou.