This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Some studies have shown that there is a correlation between PD and the toxicity of mercury fillings.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5131949/

Do you have mercury fillings?  Would you consider having them replaced?

Bob Hodgson 
    Participant

I have been slowly replacing the mercury fillings and I only have two more to replace. VERY IMPORTANT that you use a dentist that knows how to safely remove the mercury so you don’t ingest or breathe the mercury during extraction.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

hi Bob, do you think the removal has helped your symptoms or possibly slowed your progression?Was it expensive?  Was it painful?

Bob Hodgson 
    Participant

I have been slowly replacing the mercury fillings and I only have two more to replace. VERY IMPORTANT that you use a dentist that knows how to safely remove the mercury so you don’t ingest or breathe the mercury during extraction.

Bob Hodgson 
    Participant

Most of my mercury fillings were replaced when I had dental crowns installed to repair a crack in my tooth. I have one more crown needed and one replacement filling to go.

I’m not adverse to treatment from the dentist and have not found the process any different then having a normal filling. The cost for a porcelain filling is slightly more expensive then a standard amalgam filling.

Fortunately I do so many things to help recover from this disease that its difficult to determine a direct correlation to symptomatic improvements.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

thanks for your feedback.   you are so right, it is difficult to tell what works for us and what doesnt…  is it a good PD day, is it what I ate or when I ate in conjunction with taking my meds, did i exercise too much  or not enough and on and on….

Bob Hodgson 
    Participant

My philosophy is to live a generally healthy active life style, diet, exercise, supplements, etc. My hope is that something that I do will minimize my symptoms. To date the most dramatic improvements occurred after I started running 4-5 times per week. I can’t seem to find much research on the impact of running in reducing PD symptoms.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Excellent approach Bob.   I think any type of exercise that gets your heart rate going or has you move and elongate like yoga and Pilates  (probably both types of exercise) is good for Pd symptoms and slowing its progression.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account