• Ally

January 5, 2023 at 7:11 pm

I love the topic of resolutions and goal-setting, Mary Beth! What kind of manuscript are you working on? Have you laid out a plan or steps you will take to achieve your goal of completing it this year?

I have about 13 goals, but I’ve split them up over the 4 quarters of the year so I don’t get overwhelmed and give up. The main theme for my 2023 goals is intentionality – namely, to be more intentional with my time and other resources.

• Mary Beth Skylis

January 6, 2023 at 1:19 pm

Thanks, Ally! I have a few projects in the works. But my current focus is on joy. What is it? How do we find it? Is it something that everyone experiences? I haven’t laid out a plan yet, but I think that’s a great idea. And maybe I will 🙂 I love your strategy. That’s an awesome theme. Do you have specific projects that you’re working on?

• Ally

January 10, 2023 at 7:21 pm

I love this. Is ‘joy’ your word of the year? Mine is ‘proactive’. 🙂

Some of my goals for this quarter include donating blood, reading at least 6 new books, saving a specific amount for a financial goal (a portion of my goal for the year), and planning a special event for my Dad’s birthday, which is in March.

• Alan M

February 3, 2023 at 3:41 pm

My goals:
    1. Get over/around/under/past some “brick walls” with my family tree (genealogy).
    2. Learn to play a few tunes on me SSP’s (Scottish small pipes).
    3. Increase the amount I exercise each week.
    4. Try to get on top of this wretched REM-SBD

• Steve Tibbs

February 7, 2023 at 2:26 pm

Less complaining about recurring issues (accept what I can’t change and move on). Exercise at least once a day. Be grateful for what I do have