Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Using Our Forums Do you have any feedback about ways we might be able to improve our forums?

• Do you have any feedback about ways we might be able to improve our forums?

Posted by mary-beth-skylis on July 13, 2020 at 6:19 am

I’m of the belief that striving to grow adds tremendous value to the world. In seeking our own flaws, we might begin to heal them. When it comes to our forums, do you have any feedback about ways we might be able to improve the experience? What types of conversations and questions do you value the most?

sherman-paskett replied 1 year, 3 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • heather

November 30, 2022 at 12:15 pm

I’m new to the Forums & just wondering if I can edit a post I have put on for a medication misspelling?

Thanks
    Heather

• Jon Busch

December 1, 2022 at 2:12 pm

An index of subjects and medications/supplements would be handy. Maybe this is already available and I just have not found it yet.

• gerald-mccarty

December 1, 2022 at 2:20 pm

I would love to see a chart or spreadsheet of current clinical trials to include in what is phase the study plus what aspect of PD the pharmaceutical or therapeutic is targeting.

There is so much information available but it’s difficult to keep track of so many studies and trials.

If there is already a central repository for this information, please share that.

Thanks in advance,

Gerald

• daniel-novak

December 2, 2022 at 8:42 am

expert / reference / saved threads at the ‘front’ of the forums that cover fundamentals / 101.

I realize that I am on the extreme edges of …. just give me the facts [quickly] …….or …..”I want to / need to talk about it /context / story.

• sherman-paskett

December 6, 2022 at 9:39 pm

+1 for @Daniel. “Sticky” threads at the front of each topic with especially relevant content would be nice.

Some forums offer a way that people can submit articles they have written that go into more detail on a certain topic and are more of a one-to-many rather than a many-to-many distribution model. Contributors are vetted by the moderators before they can submit an article and the moderators must approve the content before it posts — this keeps rants and crackpots out of the picture.

As for our moderators — I think you do a very good service to all of us. I have been “corrected” by moderators a few times (not on this site — yet) and there are two ways to respond: I could be offended or I could learn. I always seem to come around to learning from the experience though sometimes it takes a little time. You do a great job.