Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 6 of #30DaysofPD: I Can Fight for Change to Help Those in the Same Boat

• Day 6 of #30DaysofPD: I Can Fight for Change to Help Those in the Same Boat

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 7, 2022 at 10:55 am

This is Julie Fitzgerald’s story.

Julie writes about dealing with the initial unpredictability and overwhelming nature of Parkinson’s. However, she eventually channeled her struggles into advocacy. She joined with other advocates in 2019 for a nine-day hike in Sicily to raise awareness for both PD and Alzheimer’s. Julie believes in the power of community.

Here’s an excerpt, “No one would choose to have Parkinson’s but I can fight for changes that will better the lives of others. My goal is to get in front of legislators and get laws passed that will make healthcare better, easily accessible, and more affordable. The ultimate goal is to find a cure!”

Can you relate to Julie’s story? Are you involved in any advocacy organizations?

Parkinson’s News Today’s 30 Days of PD campaign will publish one story per day for Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month in April. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofPD, or read the full series.

kevin-schaefer replied 2 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.