Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Symptoms and Progression “Controlled dyskinesia”, have you experienced this?

Tagged: ,

• “Controlled dyskinesia”, have you experienced this?

Posted by Deleted User on July 4, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Since I have started taking generic carbidopa/levodopa, I have been experiencing what I call ‘controlled dyskinesia’ 3-4 hours after my last dosage. It typically dissipates prior to my next dosage.  It feels like my head and mouth want to move uncontrollably, but I seems to manage it so no one can see any movement.

Have you ever experienced something similar?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • debdavidson

July 8, 2019 at 9:16 am

I was on carbidopa levodopa for 2 weeks and discontinued because of the horrible side effects they caused me.  The meds will not be an option for me at this time, cannot function and feel worse than I do without!  I am boxing with Rock Steady Boxing for Parkinsons 3-4 days a week and the boxing has helped me with my balance, memory  and stamina. I am also practicing yoga to help with my stiffness.  I use medical marijuana before bed which helps me sleep without constantly moving my legs and CBD for my tremors during the day. So far, so good.  I will continue like this until my symptoms do not respond to my choices.  I am working on slowing down the progression.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      July 8, 2019 at 6:59 pm

deb

thanks for sharing.  i hate the thought of taking drugs and now, finding out I am at the mercy of big pharma’s whims, it makes me even more adamantly against prescription drugs.  problem is, i feel really horrible without the drugs and only horrible with them.  what dosage of CBD do you use? do u  take it at set times during the day?