Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sabine
      Participant

My husband has Parkinson’s disease and I was wondering if anybody has experience with taking collagen supplements and if it could help with gut health and regaining muscle strength?

Hawk
      Participant

Hi! Interesting question. I just started taking collagen powdered in orange juice every morning because my hair has been thinning a bit. I don’t think that’s related to the PD although maybe it is.  A friend suggested the collagen to me, and I asked my hairstylist and he seem to think it could be helpful.  It sounds like a pretty benign thing to take, so it couldn’t hurt to take it. Have you googled it in relation to PD?

Karla Burkhart
      Participant

I started taking it for thinning hair. I was told that the thinning hair was from PD. I’ve seen some success but I forget to take it since it needs to be mixed into liquids and drunk.

Marjorie Weiss
        Participant

You can also mix it in with oatmeal or into pancake batter or in baked goods. I also dissolve it in hot tea.

Cat
      Participant

I’ve tried collagen three times.  I am having issues with my hips that may be connective tissue related (tendons and ligaments) and though the docs don’t attribute it to my PD, I was hoping that the collagen would help. Sadly, it doesn’t seem to have made a difference. The first time, I tried Great Lakes, the second time Vital Proteins Collagen peptides, neither with any noticeable benefits. I just finished a third round with Bubs Naturals because I got a free sample through Whole30 and figured maybe third time’s the charm…well, with this brand, I am noticing my nails seem slightly stronger. I may continue with their product just in case it needs a little more time.

I say give it a try. Personally, I’d rather try supplements than more prescriptions with additional bad side effects.:)

I DO find Vitamin D (5,000 MTU) and B vitamins particularly helpful for my energy. I also take glucosamine chondroitin.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account