Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kerrie Halmi
      Participant

Periodically my arm freezes into a claw–I am in extreme pain and can’t move it.  I’ve found it can be brought on by cold weather (in spite of living in Oakland California; it tends to be when it’s below 60 and I am outside for a while) and stress.  I can’t function when this happens.  The only thing I have found that consistently helps is THC–edibles with 5mg THC do the trick, but make me too foggy to drive and/or do much of anything.  I’ve put this out to another support group and the only advice was to “wait it out”–not helpful if I need to go somewhere or do something.  Any insight?

Margie Baas
      Participant

I’m sorry, not much to say excpt what you’ve  already heard.

My symptoms are relativaly mild still so i can wait them out.

I am shakeing so bad i just cancelled a doctor’s appointment  because there is no way i can drive. I can barely stand up. It was a dentist appointment  to correct some of the damage done by a fall.

Troy
      Participant

Hi Kerrie,
      This sounds like dystonia, which I experience. In my case, the levodopa helps and I really only experience it again if I’m having an off period. It may be that your levodopa dosage needs to be increased?

Lori DePorter
      Participant

Try allowing your arms and hands to dangle freely. My fingers lock when I cut meat or hold my hands in the same position. My sister is a Physical therapist and told me that trick.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account