Parkinson’s News Forums Forums COVID-19 and Parkinson’s Are you wearing a mask?

• Are you wearing a mask?

Posted by Ally on July 7, 2020 at 2:59 pm

In Toronto, where I live, and other places across Ontario, local governments are mandating that folks wear a mask in public spaces, including restaurants and stores. I’m happy to oblige, and I’m trying to use cloth/washable masks as much as possible to mitigate my waste production. I’m still getting used to seeing only half of people’s faces when I leave my home, however. I think mask-wearing is a necessary precaution but it’s still weird to see in real life!

I really love seeing all the colourful and unique cloth masks and I definitely want to pick up a few that match the summer season. If I have to accessorize with a mask, I want it to look cute! 🙂

Are you wearing a mask when you leave your home? Has your community made it mandatory? If you’re not wearing a mask, why not? If you are, are you using a specific brand or model?

amy replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • amy

July 9, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Ditto exactly and everything you said.

Except as it has gotten into the high 90’s here in FL, I’ve turned to paper. I re-use them several times, but my (cute!) (homemade!) cloth ones are just too hot right now.