Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Research A pill to stop PD in its tracks?

• robert-rister

January 26, 2019 at 2:25 pm

A few years ago I had to spend a few weeks in a nursing home after 52 days in the hospital with sepsis. One of the other patients, herself a PhD biochemist, is married to a researcher named Steven Kornguth. We had a number of fascinating discussions about brain research.

Dr. Kornguth (the husband) has done a lot of research on traumatic brain injury. One of the findings of one of his projects is that minocycline, the antibiotic most commonly used for acne, reduces inflammation in the brain and can ameliorate or stop the cumulative effects of traumatic brain injuries. He’s focused on soccer players and soldiers, but the general principle may also be reflected in the research you are listing here.

So, yes, I’d probably be up for participating in clinical research. It’s consistent with a broader principle that’s been gently explained to me.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      January 26, 2019 at 2:28 pm

I believe inflammation may be related to PD.  Just had my CRP level tested for a baseline, then I plan to do a strict plant based, no added sugar and g/f diet and have my CRP checked again.