Tagged: 

• Do you suffer from Insomnia?

Posted by Deleted User on March 15, 2019 at 8:12 am

Insomnia can be a symptom of PD.  Do you suffer from insomnia? If so has it only been since you were diagnosed with PD?  How do you resolve your sleep issues?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 31, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Yes it strarted about a year before diagnosis. I take 5 mg melatonin and 200 mg L-Theanine works very well for me so far.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 31, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for sharing Marcus; are those over the counter items you take?

• lou-hevly

April 1, 2019 at 11:56 am

Yes, I often sleep less than two hours a night: midnight til 2 sleeping, from 2-4am trying to get back to sleep (strenuous exercise and/or hot showers), then if I can’t, I get up, have breakfast and start working, and can usually take a good nap from 8-9am.

I’ve always been somewhat of an insomniac, but with PD it’s more consistent. I’ve tried dozens of pharmaceutical and natural remedies, but nothing works in the slightest.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      April 1, 2019 at 1:48 pm

hi Lou, do you take anything (over counter or prescription or herbal teas) to help you sleep?  I find my witching hour is around 3am (go to bed by 11pm). Get up, use bathroom and go back to sleep until 5 or 6.  I used to sleep solidly for 8 hours, no more….So now I wake up exhausted every day.

• lou-hevly

April 1, 2019 at 2:25 pm

I don’t take anything because nothing I’ve ever tried works. So I grin and bear it. I feel fine from 4-5am on, but I need to crash for 60-90 minutes or so later in the morning. Then I’m pretty much OK for the rest of the day and I usually sleep better the next night.

My PD hasn’t developed into problems with fatigue yet. Touch wood, I still feel pretty chipper.