Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Diagnosis​ ​Information​ ​and​ ​General​ ​Questions How do you feel about drug advertisements? Have you seen many Parkinson’s products advertised? And have those advertisements ever been helpful?

• How do you feel about drug advertisements? Have you seen many Parkinson’s products advertised? And have those advertisements ever been helpful?

Posted by mary-beth-skylis on June 12, 2023 at 10:07 am

In my recent column, I wrote about drug advertisements across the United States and how they can induce a false sense of hope to those who are struggling. The USA is one of two countries that even allows drug advertisements directly to the consumer. And that doesn’t sit well with me. 

How do you feel about drug advertisements? Have you seen many Parkinson’s products advertised? And have those advertisements ever been helpful?

Jon Busch replied 9 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • monica-blum

June 13, 2023 at 4:10 pm

When they were showing ads that featured a Parkinson’s sufferer seeing double dogs instead of one it scared the hell out of me because we have pets I hated it it gave me nightmares

• sherman-paskett

June 13, 2023 at 9:33 pm

I have never seen an ad for any PD products. That may be due to my lifestyle, though — I don’t watch broadcast TV, I stream everything I view; I have ad blockers and my VPN also blocks ads.

What is the point in advertising to consumers, anyway? I would not go to any doctor and ask if I could just try some PD med I saw advertised on TV anymore than I would ask for a specific brand of shoulder replacement or catheter or bandaid. It’s ludicrous.

• Roy Schuelke

June 14, 2023 at 7:42 am

most of what I see about Parkinson is lawyers wanting to file a claim!
    I think if the thousands of drugs advertised were cut off, the prices of drugs would be lower. I take meds for heart, nephropathy, blood thinner for my heart, etc.
    sure would be nice!

• robert-bussolari

June 14, 2023 at 3:46 pm

I see many advertisements about Parkinson’s products on FaceTime and most are “come on’s”.  They start by saying there is a brand new cure or helpful drug in glowing terms to lure you to look in further.  And it turns out to be just an ad for some product that is not related to the claim such as Deep Brain Surgery or some other well known drug.  It it relentless and they should be blocked.

Bob Bussolari

• ron-lusk

June 16, 2023 at 11:42 am

I have never seen an ad for any PD products.

• Vinoinaglass_yopd

June 19, 2023 at 1:41 pm

I recently clicked on an advertisement for Gocorvi because I’ve been having issues with dyskinesia. After reading more about the drug, I decided this was not an option for me because I had just terminated participating in a clinical trial due they side effect which were very similar to Gocorvi.

Being educated about Gocorvi ahead of my MDS appointment, I was able to tell him why I didn’t want to take it when he suggested Amantadine.

• Jon Busch

June 20, 2023 at 2:38 pm

Yes, I got suckered in on that PS128. The only thing it did for me is fleece my pocket. Still I keep looking.